2019/20 Director Recruitment
As we approach our 2020 Annual General Meeting we would like to invite individuals to apply to join our Board of Directors. We welcome applications from anyone that has a passion for supporting individuals and communities and in particular those that have relevant skills, experience or qualifications.
Our Place have a strong, supportive and committed team. Becoming a Director at Our Place provides individuals with the opportunity to contribute to bringing positive change to the lives of individuals, families, professionals and our community as a whole.
These are voluntary positions and as a Director for Our Place Support individuals are asked to commit to attending all board meetings and any relevant sub meetings. This equates to an average of 3 hours per month. There will also be a need to communicate with the team in between meetings and to gather information to present to the board in relation to your area of responsibility. Our Director Role description can be downloaded here: Directors Role Description 2019
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Over age 18.
- Be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- To not have been convicted of an offence involving deception or dishonesty.
- To not have been convicted of any offences against to children, young people or vulnerable adults
- To have been involved with Our Place for at least 6 months directly or as a formal partner
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- Not under a disqualification order under the Company Directors’ Disqualification Act
- Has not previously been removed as trusteeship of a charity, by a Court or the Charity Commission.
- Application must be made to the Directors Board no later than 16th December 2019. Application forms can be downloaded here: Director Application Form 2019 and must be returned to email@example.com
- After shortlisting, interviews will be held on 8th January 2020
- Upon recommendation from the interview panel, applications will be taken forward for formal election at the Annual General Meeting taking place on 20th January 2019 at 10am. (Applicants successful at interview must be available for the AGM)
For an informal discussion about becoming a Director, please contact Kelly Round on 0121 354 40 80 or email firstname.lastname@example.org